Truliant Federal Credit Union wanted to expand into the Charlotte Market with the Business Objectives of:
- Growing membership in Charlotte market and
- Increasing applications for loans/savings accounts.
It planned a major press conference with the Communications Objectives of:
- Generating earned media to build awareness of Truliant in the Charlotte market.
- Building relationships with local media editors for ongoing support.
- Increase exposure of Truliant brand
Tashjian Marketing was hired to coach a young PR professional execute his first major press conference including planning, theming, venue selection, targeting reporters, and strategies to increase attendance and the number of stories generated. Also helped with speech writing, proofing, development of collateral materials and planning for catering and event execution.
Problem / Opportunity
Truliant wanted to expand into a larger market. It needed to explain how it was different and better than other banking and credit union alternatives. It needed a strategy for targeting community leaders and the media.
Barriers to Overcome
- Negligible relationships with the local media
- PR director executing his first ever press conference
- Develop a comprehensive strategic and tactical plan
- Hold a major press conference in a major venue, the Mint Museum in downtown Charlotte
- Target local media including TV, Radio, Newspapers and Bloggers
- Won first place in a national competition for best press conference in its category
- The week following conference the strategy generated
Reach of 447,800
1.1 Million Impressions
162 unique contributors
- Generated over $100,000 in earned media value
- Developed strong ongoing media relationships that provide continued support.